- Capital: Wellington
- Population: 4,578,900
- Area: 268,021 km²
- Currency: New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- 2015 GDP (Total): 191.73 billion USD
- 2015 GDP (Per Capita): 42,017 USD
New Zealand (Aotearoa in Māori) is a country in the Oceania region. Geographically remote and composed of two large main islands and a multitude of smaller islands, the country has a wide range of endemic wildlife.
The country is a Commonwealth realm with the incumbent political party being the center-right National Party. The next scheduled general election will be no later than September 2017.
New Zealand is a founding member of the United Nations.
Natural resources include natural gas, iron ore, sand, coal, timber, hydropower, gold, limestone and sheep. Baaaah.
New Zealand is a business friendly country reliant on international trade. It is currently involved in free trade agreements (FTAs) with the following countries:
- Hong Kong
Currently in negotiations with:
- Gulf Cooperation Council
- The Netherlands
- Peru (TPP)
- United States (TPP)
- Vietnam (TPP)
The New Zealand Defense Force consists of army, air force and navy. It accounts for a slight over 1% of the GPD.
A major non-NATO ally, New Zealand's military force it is intended for defense against low-level threats and to contribute to regional and global security.
- Misuse of Drugs (Cannabis) Amendment Bill 2015 Passed late 2015, this drug reform has been received with much enthusiasm from the population.
- Harmful Digital Communications Bill Passed July 2015 and the first related court-case is currently in trial. Although The Bill could mean serious implications on the country's free press, most kiwis are now too stoned to care much about it.
- SENT - Contributed to Canadian launched Global Secure Network December 2015